Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Uncle Rik's new Levis ad

I haven't seen this on telly, yet. My sister sent me and my folks the link. Her boyfriend, Rik is an AD at BBH and this Levis ad is the latest from him and his partner, Jon.

What's interesting is that when I tried to watch it the first time, it was slow to load - and as a result I listened to it first almost line by line. This meant I had time to wonder what was coming up, which I worked out. A hallmark of a good idea, surely.

I only wish I had heard one of her lines a bit better - it was slightly muffled. And the final shot with the logo and strapline seemed a bit too superfast - but that just could have been the editing on YouTube.

Rik marries my sister, Cathy, in September. Just in time to be Uncle Rik to his neice, who's due in November. Enough Thompson family gossip. Here's my future brother-in-law's latest Levis ad:

Live unbuttoned

2 comments:

Age said...

have seen this around the blogosphere... really like this, so congrats its in the family (sort of).

I dig that the idea for Levi's is more about the attitude and lifestyle, not really a creative execution rather than a small moment of the Levi's life captured on film.

Not sure if what Im saying makes sense, but this is nice.

Hayes said...

Not sure what you're saying makes sense, either, Age, but I think it's nice you left a comment.