Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Phishy copywriting pt. II

Apparently, I've reached the daily limit on my RBS account.

Although even if I had an RBS account, I'm not sure I'd be worried. You don't have to be told by your bank: 'no-one will ever send you emails with sentences that don't begin with capital letters' to know that banks will never send you emails with sentences that don't begin with capital letters. It's just not the done thing.

If you know any spammers or phishers that need help with their copy, don't forget to send them my way. I'll post their efforts here and will even give you a cut if they employ me to sort it out.





Customer Service: Limited Access To Your Online Banking

Dear Member,

When signing on to Online Banking, you or somebody else have
made several login attemps and reached your daily limit.

As an additional security measure your access to Online Banking
has been limited. this web security measure does not affect your
phone banking or ATM banking.

click on log in to Restore Your Account Access and follow the steps


Thank you for using RBS!

The Royal Bank Of Scotland Group




© 2008

2 comments:

]-[appy Thought said...

I like the opening "Dear Member", it sounds like they are personally addressing your manhood.

Hayes Thompson said...

Or perhaps they do know me personally after all.