Wednesday, December 12, 2007

1066 and all that sat nav (or how your old sat nav belongs in the dark ages)

The most engaging, enthralling heritage information you can get for your Sat Nav.

OK, well the only engaging, enthralling heritage information you can get for your Sat Nav.

RoadTour, the UK's first audio-visual guide to our historic treasures, went live last week - www.roadtour.co.uk

Google the phrase 'RoadTour satnav', and you'll see pages of links to the product launch.

When I discovered my scripts playing in the background of not one, but two, BBC video reports, I punched the air, shouting 'Yes!', like Napoleon Dynamite:

BBC video clip, featuring my Chiswick House script

BBC video clip 2, featuring my Groombridge Place script

Read the press release that features my Bowood House script

I wrote 75 scripts in total, over two months. I was one of ten writers employed to research and write 600.

If they've already got sat nav, Roadtour has to be one of the best Christmas presents you can get for mum and dad, surely. For £19.99, you can't really go wrong. And for a few quid more, you get information about every pub in the country, too. Are we nearly there, yet? Are we nearly there, yet? No. But there's a lovely castle and a great little boozer just down the road. www.roadtour.co.uk

Once RoadTour has conquered Britain, we're off to France.

Bon chance, RoadTour!

Well done, Daniel and a big thank you to Gemma for being such a pleasure to work with.

No comments: